europe vs us

Home for Warhammer Online players
Khylrion
Emerald Rider

Post by Khylrion »

They did open a new 9 mil data-center in Ireland so would surprise me if they would host it from Paris ;).

I am going for EU and hope many old buddies can join.

Can't believe this anti-goa thing still lives so strongly over here ;)

That said ... it's good to be back :D
Playing The Secret World:
Duncan "Khylrion" Mc Khylrion Dragon Blade Tank

will be playing Guildwars 2

Retired characters:
Khylrion Redhaired shield-bashing Firb & Major Nutcase
Psyche a'Dellic Magic Mushroom dealing Mentababe
Untold Legends Tatooed Celtic Bard
Chestnuttie Chiliflavour small, lean & mean, stalking Queen.
former GM of Keepers of the Sacred Nut

Ethild
Emerald Rider

Post by Ethild »

Khylrion wrote:They did open a new 9 mil data-center in Ireland so would surprise me if they would host it from Paris ;)
The WAR staff are in Ireland. The server infrastructure was moved from Paris to Lille.
<Severance> GM.
Ethilds RR9 Warden
Minikene RR6 Ranger

Venge
Emerald Rider

Post by Venge »

Well, it's gonna be fun to see how it goes on EU Servers for WAR but couple things that Ian mentioned that are quite obvious:

- GOA is not the same company it was when DAoC was released. Tons more people there now.
- DAoC was not designed to be multi-langual, WAR is.
- Mythic and GOA gained much experience with DaoC and that's not only related to technical stuff.
- GOA won't be as restricted as before by legal fluffy-stuff.

As for the Pros & Cons from Hoonius, well, some might have applied to DAoC (though we had some good times right?...right? :/) but might not hold for WAR EU as far as I can see.
- They already announced 24/7 support but while that can mean faster response time, it mainly means that more people complain for no reason. In 15 years playing MMOs as a gamer, I had to contact support 4 times and everytime, I actually solved (or ended up ignoring) my problem alone and this was with 24/7 ingame support in 3 different MMOs. 8-)
- Client performance is the same (Mythic compiles, not GOA).
- If you get way more latency routing to Paris/Lille than routing to Seattle, complain to your ISP. But as Xest said, latency is pretty much the same worldwide for MMOs nowdays so that's a moot point.
- Population will more than likely be higher if you play on EU servers than on the US servers as a EU fella, unless you're like..a vampire or something!

That flash website sucks though, always did!! But then, I'm a flash-hater so not very objective there 8-)
Venge, Archmage of Precept.
WAR Archmage videos

Venge, Old school Mooseboy
Ettie, Crazy Mentalist

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

im from europe, i want to play with european people on european prime time

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Return to “Warhammer Online”