I blame Xest
63%
I blame Xest
16%

Total votes: 67

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I am happy with new visitors to the site for sure.

I may or may not volunteer though, it is way to early for me to know even if I will play the game let alone spend enough time playing to create useful posts.

I do like the Open wiki format where I have seen it before, I find that they tend to be more up to date especially if there are enough people doing some checking, but I think it is easier for volunteers to check what is written rather than to write everything themselves.

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

[quote="Gahn"]Depends on what platform u decide to use for "development".
Burn the witch! i use vs.net 2005 and .net framework from Microsoft.
I'm ruled out in case of PhP only shit ^^
On topic]

.Net sill never be rules out man

I've written some good stuff for Eve in .net, not a sniff of PHP anywhere

I'm not getting into a debate about either language but it's just good to write with what you know, whatever you're comfortable with.

*b*
Emerald Rider

Post by *b* »

Xest wrote:Well the back end stuff isn't too much of a problem, that's something we can certainly do okay already, but additional content could either be added using an open wiki style system or simply submitted to us to be posted on the site (all work would be credited to the author of course!).

As I see it we can build a strong community site whether people join the same server or not, at the end of the day we can still discuss various in game things together much as the community does now without really any of us playing the same game anymore! The advantage of a new game is that we can also pull new members in to increase forum population.

Building such a community up wouldn't in my eyes be too hard given an early start in the game, with people advertising to newly met friends in game via word of mouth and so forth and also people searching/linking to content we have on the site. The real question if any is whether the existing community here is happy with an influx of new faces and if they are happy, and if they want this, how much they want to get involved with the site - essentially the success of any relaunch we might have when WAR is released is proportional to how happy the existing community is to have new people on the site and how much they're willing to get involved.

Essentially we want to know what all of you want and whether we have enough volunteers before we make any decisions!
well i'm going to give the addy out to some of my minons so they can check it out etc
**Doac**
Bodica willowblade (Druid)
hellising alucard (nightshade)

**WoW**
Tankgirl (warrior)
willowblade (hunter)

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

*b* wrote:well i'm going to give the addy out to some of my minons so they can check it out etc

Aye, just have it as THIS is the forum we all use, point your guilds here etc. I'm sure the Gods of Moderation (Ms 'Nana and Dr Xest) will be able to keep the guild forums bit up to date over time and we'll all have a place to talk/organise/bitch on etc

i'd love to see prydwen.net used like it used to be

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

To be honest I'll probably step back from a moderation role and focus more on site maintenance/content should we decide to revamp the site.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:To be honest I'll probably step back from a moderation role and focus more on site maintenance/content should we decide to revamp the site.

the contract you signed in blood when you became an admin said you cant do that ^^
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Hoonius wrote:Aye, just have it as THIS is the forum we all use, point your guilds here etc. I'm sure the Gods of Moderation (Ms 'Nana and Dr Xest) will be able to keep the guild forums bit up to date over time and we'll all have a place to talk/organise/***** on etc

i'd love to see prydwen.net used like it used to be

I am the goddess of smilies only..

point me the direction to some warhammer ones ^^
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I think it would be a mistake to change the forum from DAoC to Warhammer.
If anything I think it should be "One forum to rule them all", i.e. not favouring any particular mmorpg.

It started off as forum for DAoC Prydwen server, most notably for Hibernia. It is no longer that, because so many have left DAoC for other mmorpgs (in my case LotRO). Because of this, it's a bit out-of-date to even use "Prydwen Net" as the forum's name. This fact also is quite possibly also likely to deter new players from subscribing to the forum, because "Prydwen" means nothing to them

I don't think therefore that the forum should retain its bias to mmorpgs produced by Mythic. I think it should cease to exist as "Prydwen Net" and start up fresh with a new non-developer, non-specific mmorpg name. I feel it should be a place where all mmorpgs are catered for and where players from such games can meet. That will ensure the forum's survival quite possibly for as long as mmorpgs are popular.

In other words, why fall into the same trap of redeveloping the forum to centre around one mmorpg, when maybe five years down the line if Warhammer goes the same way as DAoC has, you will be thinking of changing it again to favour another mmorpg, or even terminating it permanently?

One forum to cover all mmorpgs is the logical move, I feel.

DarkSnaker
Emerald Rider

Post by DarkSnaker »

Lieva wrote:I am the goddess of smilies only..

point me the direction to some warhammer ones ^^
Scroll down to the Orc smilies!
http://arathor.net/misc.php?do=showsmilies
Waaagh!

Jarakin
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarakin »

Are you actually intending on changing the name/domain name of the forums with a link back to prydwen net to catch the old farts like myself? I think if the goal is to gain a larger user base with fresh faces, that'd be necessary due to relevance and marketing, but if you're happy with the userbase of the forums as they are and want them for old prydwen'ers, then leave as is.

If you want to place emphasis on a certain mmo like Warhammer, you could make the warhammer forum stand out a bit, remove it from the "other games" section and make it a primary forum with sub-forums for all the relevant stuff, general chat, rvr, guilds, factions etc. etc.

Return to “Warhammer Online”