Find these players and get them busted...

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Gandelf

Find these players and get them busted...

Post by Gandelf »

Ok, I don't normally allow things like this bother me, but I've had a really bad week, being ill and having to go for blood tests and stuff, so I'm after some other players' blood.

I was soloing in Thid with my Mana Ment and decided to ambush Mids near their portal keep. I waited for a while and then two came along, but I was spotted and they kept out of line-of-sight so that I couldn't cast. Anyway, they soon started to gank me... fair enough, I'll soon be dead, no problem. But then they stopped their attack when I was almost out of HPs. Then came the misconduct. They constantly started laughing at me (check out the screenies). Totally unnacceptable and probably against the CoC because it is insultive.

If anyone can find out which guilds they belong to (I think they're from Excal), then I will report them to their GMs, if they have any. If you think it is against the CoC, I will also report them to GOA.

Failing that, they need to be taught a lesson, so get out into Thid and sort them out!

I know it seems like I'm a bad-loser, but disrespect of this nature is just plain wrong!

Gandelf

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

You could report this to GOA and they will get a temporary ban. If you emote a player more then 5 times it is considered spamming.

I'll leave in the middle if it is good sportmanship or not
finland:
holland:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Quinlan wrote:You could report this to GOA and they will get a temporary ban. If you emote a player more then 5 times it is considered spamming.

I'll leave in the middle if it is good sportmanship or not

Quinlan, I thank you for taking me seriously. I posted the same thread on Freddys, in the Midgard section, only to be called childish and being laughed at even more.

I'm not sure if I'll report to GOA, even though I could. If the players involved could apologise I would be happy.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

One of the players has apologised on Freddys. I'm happy. :)

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Perhaps they were trying to make a point about portal keep camping?

Sometimes emote spam is used to make a point. Of course sometimes it's just childish abuse. You have to take into account the circumstances.

Personally in situations like this I would just emote a shrug and move away from the situation, see if it persists.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Nothing atall wrong with sitting around a portal keep in thid.

Would of thought this would be good in the hib cluster area, get some posts going today.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

One of them apologised and the other seems to have hurled some huge level of abuse at peeps - crikey he did get annoyed.

I find the emotes annoying just because most of the time there is little point in them. You may emote a salute for a good fight or something but the ones they used are purely to insult or wind you up.

You probably would have been better just reporting them - posting that kind of thing of FH never gets the results you want.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Emote spamming is something I just don't get. How anyone can get satisfaction from it bewilders me. Seems like another one of those cases where the freedoms of the internet bring out the worst in some people.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Belisar wrote:One of them apologised and the other seems to have hurled some huge level of abuse at peeps - crikey he did get annoyed.

I find the emotes annoying just because most of the time there is little point in them. You may emote a salute for a good fight or something but the ones they used are purely to insult or wind you up.

You probably would have been better just reporting them - posting that kind of thing of FH never gets the results you want.

Nothing wrong with the odd emote. I've always found emote spamming to border on the immature though. You can get your point across in a couple of emotes - spamming or flooding reminds me of 3 year old kids screaming look at me over & over again. Right Now it & do the cluster a favour.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gandelf wrote: They constantly started laughing at me (check out the screenies). Totally unnacceptable and probably against the CoC because it is insultive.

If anyone can find out which guilds they belong to (I think they're from Excal), then I will report them to their GMs, if they have any. If you think it is against the CoC, I will also report them to GOA.

I know it seems like I'm a bad-loser, but disrespect of this nature is just plain wrong!

Gandelf
Emote spamming is against the CoC, if you rightnow that its gona be investigated.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Off Topic”