No Opinnion/Not decided
19%

Total votes: 26

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Nhs

Post by Lieva »

Apparently according to cyfr - the lib dems wish to get rid of the NHS
i personally think this is the most stupid idea theyve ever come up with however i am curious as to since ive been having a 30min arguement with cyfr i was wondering what else people think.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Cyfr
Emerald Rider

Post by Cyfr »

Banana wrote:Apparently according to cyfr - the lib dems wish to get rid of the NHS
i personally think this is the most stupid idea theyve ever come up with however i am curious as to since ive been having a 30min arguement with cyfr i was wondering what else people think.
The lib dems as a whole, ive no idea. David Laws suggested it at the party conferance.. and he said that maybe insurance models should replace the NHS.

But yes I agree with disbanding the NHS. Atm it's taken advantage of, much like the rest of the welfare state we live in. People are uninspired to work their way to success when they can happily live along off money provied by the hard working.

DeShark
Emerald Rider

Post by DeShark »

Well, I completely agree that people take advantage of the current system. I also don't find the wording of the vote particularly fair and objective either. P.s. you spelt Opinion wrong. If the Lib Dems did happen to abolish the NHS, we'd probably have a system similar to that in the U.S. Now then, I know, what about the poor people? Well, in France, the government still gives bursaries to the under 16s and poor I think. We'd probably do something similar, cause it'd be too big a change otherwise. Will people still abuse the system? Probably not, since there'll be a form to fill in to ensure that you're eligible to receive compensation for your health problems. Now, I'm not saying that Insurance is the best replacement for an NHS, just that the current system is slow and costly.

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

DeShark wrote:Well, I completely agree that people take advantage of the current system. I also don't find the wording of the vote particularly fair and objective either. P.s. you spelt Opinion wrong. Although, none of this really matters, cause tards like you, who can't spell opinion don't understand what a policy is, nevermind which ones make most sense. If the Lib Dems did happen to abololish the NHS, we'll have a system similar to that in the U.S. Now then, I know, what about the poor people? Well, in France, the government still gives bursaries to the under 16s and poor I think. We'd probably do something similar, cause it'd be too big a change otherwise. Will people still abuse the system? Probably not, since there'll be a form to fill in to ensure that you're eligible to receive compensation for your health problems. Now, I'm not saying that Insurance is the best replacement for an NHS, just that the current system is slow and costly.
fuck you
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I dont have a clue what this is all about :)

/Ankh

DeShark
Emerald Rider

Post by DeShark »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I dont have a clue what this is all about :)

/Ankh
Don't worry your pretty little head about it.

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

DeShark wrote:Well, I completely agree that people take advantage of the current system. I also don't find the wording of the vote particularly fair and objective either. P.s. you spelt Opinion wrong. Although, none of this really matters, cause tards like you, who can't spell opinion don't understand what a policy is, nevermind which ones make most sense. If the Lib Dems did happen to abolish the NHS, we'd probably have a system similar to that in the U.S. Now then, I know, what about the poor people? Well, in France, the government still gives bursaries to the under 16s and poor I think. We'd probably do something similar, cause it'd be too big a change otherwise. Will people still abuse the system? Probably not, since there'll be a form to fill in to ensure that you're eligible to receive compensation for your health problems. Now, I'm not saying that Insurance is the best replacement for an NHS, just that the current system is slow and costly.
genius. attacking the mod.

i dont have a strong opinion one way or the other.
i agree that there are people that take the **** out of the nhs, and those that frankly dont deserve the help. drug addicts, for example, imo should be locked in a room cold turkey instead of getting methadone all the time for free just because they were stupid enough to start taking heroin. and they certainly don't deserve the needle exchange programs that are being run.
but i dont think that people that do work hard and are effectively trapped by being poor should be forced to pay for health insurance that they probably couldnt afford.
i don't have a sig.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

DeShark wrote:Don't worry your pretty little head about it.
Ye know, just cos I dont know what its about it doesnt really mean I dont want to know about it.

Edit: Not really sure who DeShark is, but he seem to be an a...eh.. nm..

/Ankh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Haarewin wrote:genius. attacking the mod.

i dont have a strong opinion one way or the other.
i agree that there are people that take the **** out of the nhs, and those that frankly dont deserve the help. drug addicts, for example, imo should be locked in a room cold turkey instead of getting methadone all the time for free just because they were stupid enough to start taking heroin. and they certainly don't deserve the needle exchange programs that are being run.
but i dont think that people that do work hard and are effectively trapped by being poor should be forced to pay for health insurance that they probably couldnt afford.
Fair enough, this post made me realize what your talking about. And I fully agree with Haarewin.

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

They should cut off support for chavs getting themselves pregnant at 12 too. Might discourage them from getting pregnant then rather than leaving it open as a career opportunity for them as it is right now :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Off Topic”