English beer

A forum for anyhing not game related.
clearbrook
Emerald Rider

Post by clearbrook »

Takitothemacs wrote:Theakstons Old Peculiar
You never tasted it in the first half of the 1980's then. Used to be like drinking tar. Many beers changed flavour when the excise rules changed in 1993, some got better, and some got worse.

My favourite taste was probably "McEwans number 3", but I never drank it again after getting hung-over from the stuff. Gives you the most amazing headache the next day, when you move your head you get flashing lights etc.
Not sure if you get any other hangover effects whatsoever, it is impossible to feel lethargic or nauseous when your head feels like it is full of glass shards being shaken about.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

hehe I was well under drinking age in the first half of the 80's... not that I hadnt started... think I had my first tastes of alchohol in the late 70's tbh... maybe even in 75... think my mum used to dip my dummy in whiskey to help me sleep as a baby. ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

think most parents did that. Mainly during teething also.
not sure if parents still do that tbh :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

They gave me a bottle of babysham. ugh brown ale on the rocks.
Mael, 50th ment.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

[quote="Takitothemacs"]hehe I was well under drinking age in the first half of the 80's... not that I hadnt started... think I had my first tastes of alchohol in the late 70's tbh... maybe even in 75... think my mum used to dip my dummy in whiskey to help me sleep as a baby. ]

hmmm my mum did the same .. did it to knock me out cos i wouldnt stop crying :D
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ice in Beer... pfft! Just a marketing ploy for draught beer... more ice, less beer... so painfully obvious (to me anyway).

It is shocking how some well-know brands have been tampered with... Ruddles County for one... used to be 4.9%... now it's 4.7%, may not sound much, but it's changed the whole character of the beer. They should not be allowed to call it Ruddles County, because it's different.

Same with Gold Label... used to be 10%, now the canned stuff is 8.5%.

CAMRA

Return to “Off Topic”