Nazis, etc

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Erce

Post by Erce »

Banana wrote:hehe erce can i nick your avatar as a smilie :)
feel free:-)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Belisar wrote:Hmm is it me or is saying that someone may hold a personal grudge not the same as calling them incompetent. We all get blinkered from time to time by all sorts of things and that can make it hard to make an impartial decsision (on purpose or unknowingly).

I also have to agree in that one mod taking the warnings away and another adding them back (plus an extra point) seems inconsistent to me. Perhaps you need to have a chat and make a uniform decision (when I say uniform I do not mean anything to do with any sort of military uniform such as a certain prince once wore btw).

I do not know the details of the warnings and therefore have no ideas about the rights and wrongs but to the independant observer this is not exactly helping dispel any uncertainty over moderation.

Ooh in typing this I ld'd from the game and cannot get back in - hope you mods have not got some super duper new powers :p
Well his suggestion was that my action wasn't valid because of personal bias, hence when he referred the issue over to another moderator it instantly suggests that I'm the moderator he's referring to as incompetent.

I agree totally about the different actions from mods being a little unfair but I've put forward my comments on that in the moderator forum. There is some degree of personal judgement involved in moderator decisions certainly and a lot of it is down to understanding backgrounds behind comments and such I guess. Use the latest two examples in this thread:

- Lothandar calls Satyn a nazi
- I say Jouzu is in a homosexual world

the fact is, I didn't warn Loth because I didn't know if perhaps he does know her well and it was said in jest hence I left the decision upto other moderators - in this case Satyn. The same goes with my comments towards Jouzu, all the mods know me and him are good friends and hence know it wasn't said in offence.

Of course we can't know the backstory behind every comment because we don't know everyone and who their friends are, if something seems half and half then we can leave it to people to report posts where they feel they've been insulted or if it's an obvious attack without any personal friendship involved then of course we can act on it, the same goes of course for if someone is blatantly just insulting a friend in jest. But the overall thing to bare in mind is that we don't warn simply on a comment that can be taken either way - we do investigate the best we can to find out if it was meant as some kind of attack (flamebait) or not.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

djees this is getting annoying. *sigh*

Beli wrote:I also have to agree in that one mod taking the warnings away and another adding them back (plus an extra point) seems inconsistent to me. Perhaps you need to have a chat and make a uniform decision (when I say uniform I do not mean anything to do with any sort of military uniform such as a certain prince once wore btw).
I agree, once a warning is given it should only be taken back by the same mod.

Gitt wrote:Xest feel free to ban me... you are an imbecile
Stop that, its childish and we both know you are not a child. Cant you see that by typing things like that you really arent making things easier on us?
Cryn wrote: It's pretty clear that Xest doesn't intend any massively insulting when he used the term how he did. But that's equally true of Loth using the term Nazi, which is exactly my point. The mods were quite happy to leave Xest to use a potentially offensive term because they viewed him sympathetically and therefore assumed he meant nothing bad. With Loth they assumed the worst possible meaning. Where's the consistency and fairness in that?
Loth has done nothing but post negative on every thread possible. If there was something bad to be said he said it. So I wasnt wrong in taking it person. It is my right to take it personal and to feel offended by it. Not you not anyone should tell me what to and what not to take offensive.
As from Xest we all know how he's like, and the post where he said it was CLEARLY a joke.
Cryn wrote: It's not a witchhunt against the mods. I realise you feel protective because Satyn is a mod, but don't start hurling accusations at me just because I have some honest criticisms. The moderation style of this forum has changed drastically recently and THAT is what is causing the comments.

It is a witchhunt, cos we have done nothing but trying to defend ourself while we dont even have to.
And if you really think that Thand is biased cos this discussion is about mods and cos i happen to be one then you cant be more wrong. He's got a mind of his own and i'm not sitting next to him telling him what to type and to tell him to stick up for me. I dont want a dog as a boyfriend I need a man.

and to Beli: pls pls pls hun give me a drink!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Satyn wrote:
and to Beli: pls pls pls hun give me a drink!
I am drinking red wine - just not sure it goes with the cookie Nana promised me :topic: :blutark:
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Erce wrote:feel free:-)

youre own personal smilie :erce: :)
: erce :
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Belisar wrote:I am drinking red wine - just not sure it goes with the cookie Nana promised me :topic: :blutark:

Dont you have amaretto? Or bayleys? Or euhm a hammer to knock me out? :gamblor: :topic:
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Cryn wrote:You walk into my local pub and call someone a homosexual, about 80% of them would hand you your teeth in a glass. And it's not even because people think you really think they are gay, or even because people think being gay is bad, it's the INTENDED insult behind it.

It's pretty clear that Xest doesn't intend any massively insulting when he used the term how he did. But that's equally true of Loth using the term Nazi, which is exactly my point. The mods were quite happy to leave Xest to use a potentially offensive term because they viewed him sympathetically and therefore assumed he meant nothing bad. With Loth they assumed the worst possible meaning. Where's the consistency and fairness in that?

It's not a witchhunt against the mods. I realise you feel protective because Satyn is a mod, but don't start hurling accusations at me just because I have some honest criticisms. The moderation style of this forum has changed drastically recently and THAT is what is causing the comments.
Well Peat, dunno how u read things, but i can't find the post back where i was hurling accusations at u. I was just writing down MY OWN opinion, if u say u got the right, why wouldn't i then?? I've always respected u in game m8 and we always been good friends, so i don't know why i would just flame u here. I never did and never will do, so don't try to put words in my mouth i didn't. The fact that Satyn is a mod has nothing to do with me, i still got my own opinion. If she wants to be one, good for her, but for me that doesn't change anything. It's not like i'm immune to warnings now or anything, cause tbh i don't care if i would be warned.

And don't get the point why u quote me about nazi's when u wanna start a discussion about homosexuals. I for one can say i don't have a problem with em.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i have baileys

mine tho

:D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

[quote="Gitt"]
I won't take any part in the further criticism of the moderators, who I am confident patrol these forums to the very best of their ability.

I have succeded in my intentions here (with some rather unexpected but most definately welcome help from our old friend Xest.... sorry, am I allowed to say old? don't want to seem ageist ]

Sad to c ur still a kid who just want to stir things up. U don't play DAoC anymore, so i c no reason why it still makes u happy to make people flame each other. Only proves what a sad person u are.

Guess i can only wish u keep ur promise for once and stay away, but i know u won't.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Bailey's ?????

Amaretto ????

Such girly drinks :drunk:

Shouldn't drink while hoovering anyway - you might miss a bit :stirring:
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Return to “Off Topic”