Terror Bomb in London

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Ofcourse not, but the do have the power to shape their own goverment and still they dont seem to use it (but I have to admit they are more awake now than they used to be).

/Ankh

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Finolin wrote:I don't think most people in California see Arnold Schwarzenegger or his policies as a joke. He's much more the Reagan model of Republican (and not just because of his Hollywood background or that he's the governor of California) - fiscally conservative, but socially liberal, unlike Bush who is fiscally very liberal (the first big government Republican in my lifetime) but socially conservative.
load of bollox, Reagan was also a war monger, and as for fiscally conservative he put the americans in more debt than all previous presidents(star wars etc), also Regan is responsible one Sadam Hussain, Irangate etc... all republicans should be shot at birth
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Ankh Morpork wrote:You misunderstod me...ofcourse they take him seriously or else he wouldnt have been elected. And the errors he does in his politics are more than serious for the ones that it involve. But that doesnt mean they dont see him as a joke, but there arent much they can do about it now (kind of like with Bush but he is a proof that there is something wrong with the Yanks...making a mistake once is understandable but re-electing him makes you wonder what kind of people they are..)
I don't mean to stop you from theorizing what you take to be the thoughts of California voters, but are there any examples of his political errors you'd like to cite, or are you just assuming because his popularity has waned that he must be doing something wrong? Having lived and voted there for 10 years, I'd rather talk specifics than to pit my opinion of what Californians think up against yours.

And as for not being much they can do about it, your memory of Californian politics must be quite short. Their last govenor was removed from office before completing his term by the same special election that put in Schwarzenegger.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Ofcourse not, but the do have the power to shape their own goverment and still they dont seem to use it (but I have to admit they are more awake now than they used to be).

/Ankh
That's part the problem, a lot of them don't, it seems in some ways they don't actually have the power to shape their own goverment. Those who don't understand the politics of the US properly and how they relate to the rest of the world also generally vote Bush because of his overly patriotic image, which to them seems cool vote for him. Whilst those who really do understand the politics vote against him but are unfortunately a minority.

When the vote was very close to a 50/50 split this time around it means at most only just over half of America want the country to be the way it is whilst another almost half (which when you're talking a good few 10s of millions of voters is a lot of people) aren't actually happy with the way their country is turning out under Bush.

I think the thing to keep in mind is that you can't let idiots like Bush and those that support him on his more stupid policies (i.e. not signing the Kyoto agreement, invading Iraq) be what defines your view of the American people, you can be sure there's 10s of millions more people that agree with the rest of the world which is very heavily anti-Bush.

You also have to remember a lot of minorities feel that their votes aren't being counted or at least it's being made so difficult for them to vote that they don't many argue that if voting was fair and true in the US that Bush wouldn't have in fact got in, but of course there's a lot of political propoganda powering that so to know whether it's true or not is difficult. With all the different states and each having their own governor politics in America is slightly less straightforward, even native american tribes (i.e. the Navajo) are given their own sub-goverments, sub-territories and own police forces within the US itself, because of this some areas of America are so different to other parts that it's almost like having a group of different countries but, well, I guess that's pretty much what the "United States" is.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Finolin

Post by Finolin »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Ofcourse not, but the do have the power to shape their own goverment and still they dont seem to use it (but I have to admit they are more awake now than they used to be).
Actually they do use it - the last election had a 64% voter turn out, the highest in a US presidential election since at least 1960.

I think the problem you have with how Americans have shaped their government is they didn't shape it the way you would have liked, but it's inaccurate to say they don't shape it.
Finolin, 50th Elven Void Eldritch ML10 Convoker
Felia, 50th Celt Bard ML10 Sojourner
Fert, 50th Sylvan Arboreal Animist ML10 Convoker
Finality, 50th Sylvan Valewalker ML10 Battlemaster
Finoshar, 50th Shar Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Findrid, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Fiat, 50th Celt Druid ML10 Perfector
Finesty, 50th Shar Mentalist ML10 Warlord
Fung, 50th Sylvan Verdant Animist ML10 Convoker
Finchant, 50th Elven Mana Enchanter ML10 Convoker

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Finolin wrote:I don't mean to stop you from theorizing what you take to be the thoughts of California voters, but are there any examples of his political errors you'd like to cite, or are you just assuming because his popularity has waned that he must be doing something wrong? Having lived and voted there for 10 years, I'd rather talk specifics than to pit my opinion of what Californians think up against yours.

And as for not being much they can do about it, your memory of Californian politics must be quite short. Their last govenor was removed from office before completing his term by the same special election that put in Schwarzenegger.
I'd love to quote his errors but rather than giving you false information since I can't remember what he have done wrong (only that ive read about them in the past) i'd rather not try and bring up facts that might not be 100% accurate.

No, my memory isnt short - but I know from history that people often decide to wait and see what happens before actually doing anything about the situation. Just cos they did remove the last govenor doesnt mean they will remove Schwarzenegger.

/Ankh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Finolin wrote:Actually they do use it - the last election had a 64% voter turn out, the highest in a US presidential election since at least 1960.

I think the problem you have with how Americans have shaped their government is they didn't shape it the way you would have liked, but it's inaccurate to say they don't shape it.
Your partially correct about this. But please, dont say 'the way you would have liked' its more like 'the way most of the world would have liked'.

If they had used it correctly there wouldnt be so much american-hate all over the world atm. Don't you think its abit weird why the U.S is among the most hated lands in the world? Imo instead of acting like the world police that nobody wanted they should take a look at your own land instead. Also, a land that ignores the U.N and refuse to let their war criminals stand trial in Haag should really sit down and think about what makes them 'better' than all other countries.

/Ankh

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Umm...I think I better read through my last post laters cos I think I might just have confused myself with my own words :P

Edit: I'll read through them and edit them when I get back. Off to shop now!

/Ankh

Evulweebeastie
Emerald Rider

Post by Evulweebeastie »

so fucking gay, my dad works on the london underground and was lucky that it was his day off, and i swore down if they done something like that to him i would of done the same :|
Hibernia on Prydwen
  • [INDENT]Evulweebeastie RR5l0 Nightshade[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Aklaim RR3L1 Animist[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Tibet RR3 Enchanter[/INDENT]

Camlann Home of PvP
  • [INDENT]Huggle RR4l5 Minstrel[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Phooney RR3l8 Eldritch[/INDENT]

Bugzy The Ubar Bard!!111one wrote:a insta mezz takes less than a second to cast,

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

thanks to all for the thoughts and regards. I would like to remphasise that a witch hunt is not what should be going on - at least not of all muslims in the country however a round up of those who preach against the "western oppressors" should be locked up and either sent home OR sent to a country in which they have commited a crime to be justifyably and fairly put on trial.
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Return to “Off Topic”