Nazis, etc

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Everything we say can have double meanings.
On a forum more so.

I would hope that we dont have 2 sets of rules and i seriously dont think we do. Yes of cause we tend to protect our friends more so would notice a comment towards them more quickly than towards other people however we have the case where we wonder 'am i being biased towards this person just because he has insulted a friend?' in which case most comments directed at friends are passed by simply cuz we're unsure of biasedness.
in effect we're more likly to warn people who attack strangers than people who attack friends.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Banana wrote:Everything we say can have double meanings.
On a forum more so.

I would hope that we dont have 2 sets of rules and i seriously dont think we do. Yes of cause we tend to protect our friends more so would notice a comment towards them more quickly than towards other people however we have the case where we wonder 'am i being biased towards this person just because he has insulted a friend?' in which case most comments directed at friends are passed by simply cuz we're unsure of biasedness.
in effect we're more likly to warn people who attack strangers than people who attack friends.

I am perfectly happy to accept that this is the method by which you moderate these forums, and would not dream of questioning your judgement. :)

I shall let the matter drop as I only really popped in to see how things were deteri... er... progressing. ;)

I'm sure the other forum members are enlightened and observent enough to form their own opinions, with or without encouragement.

<edited to add happy, non-threatening, unbiased, eco friendly, politically correct smileys>

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

yey eco friendly smilies :D

and youre always welcome here gitt :)

gives us something to discuss :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gitt wrote:Your assumption is wrong.. that makes it innacurate.

I did indeed receive a message along those lines but no insult or personal attack has been made.
I dont assume anything I just read what was there. And I've known you for quit some time now and we both know you have a magic way of wording yourself :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Banana wrote: labeling one moderator as competent is as good as labeling the others as incompetent :)

Sorry Nana - I luv ya to bits but this is just wrong.

I am getting really confused by the warnings that seem to be issued here. Some of them seem massively unjustified although to be fair we have no real idea why people have been warned.

Seems to me that some of the mods are feeling a bit under pressure and are now becoming a little too defensive. A natural reaction but one I would prefer you not take. Why not read the comments and either take them on board or ignore them as you wish. I have read nothing here which I would regard as offensive.

Taking a step back and not reacting immediately is good advice for us all.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

meh maybe

i talk rubbish 90% of the time anyway :p no idea why peeps listen to me anyway :D

but technically

that glass is half empty dagnammit :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Belisar wrote:Sorry Nana - I luv ya to bits but this is just wrong.

I am getting really confused by the warnings that seem to be issued here. Some of them seem massively unjustified although to be fair we have no real idea why people have been warned.

Seems to me that some of the mods are feeling a bit under pressure and are now becoming a little too defensive. A natural reaction but one I would prefer you not take. Why not read the comments and either take them on board or ignore them as you wish. I have read nothing here which I would regard as offensive.

If it helps to clarify matters then I am more than happy, nay positively delighted to have the moderators post the full and unscensored discussions held via PM regarding the warning issue.

I also think it only fair that the moderators be given a fair and impartial oportunity to explain the reasoning and justification behind their actions.

I won't take any part in the further criticism of the moderators, who I am confident patrol these forums to the very best of their ability.

I have succeded in my intentions here (with some rather unexpected but most definately welcome help from our old friend Xest.... sorry, am I allowed to say old? don't want to seem ageist ;) )

Was nice seeing you all. :)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Belisar wrote:Sorry Nana - I luv ya to bits but this is just wrong.

Nana does have a point tho. this quote
Gitt wrote:The matter has been raised with competent moderators and I trust they will resolve the matter.
can be read in diffrent ways. But I read it like nana did. He contacted another mod (s?) about his warning. So the way i see it is that all the mods that he didnt contact are incompetent. And the reason why I see it like that is cos all we seem to be doing lately is defend ourselfs. If that wouldnt be the case then I prolly would read it like you and prolly wouldnt see anything wrong with it.

The way things are going atm is that we have to defend ourself over and over again. And its usually the ppl that didnt get a warning that start the witchhunt. They have the right to do that ofcourse but it doesnt make things easier, infact imo it only makes things worse.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

:(
cya little magnet :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia