Nazis, etc

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I'm actually suprised i've had no nazi comments so far as I've posted pics of both me and my tattoos...then again, im too nice to be one :D

/Ankh
and too sexy.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Even more interesting.. I have now received a warning for privately suggesting to a moderator that the term Nazi be replaced with Tin-pot dictator.

Not that I would like to imply that there is any unjust, biased, incompetent, over invasive, overly draconian use of moderation privilidges of course.. I just found it interesting.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gitt wrote:Even more interesting.. I have now received a warning for privately suggesting to a moderator that the term Nazi be replaced with Tin-pot dictator.

Not that I would like to imply that there is any unjust, biased, incompetent, over invasive, overly draconian use of moderation privilidges of course.. I just found it interesting.
According to what I read you must have attacked the person giving you the first warning even more in PM's. If you dont agree with the warning given to you then you should discuss it with the mod that gave it via PM's or with another mod.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Satyn wrote:According to what I read you must have attacked the person giving you the first warning even more in PM's. If you dont agree with the warning given to you then you should discuss it with the mod that gave it via PM's or with another mod.

Hmm, and where might you have read that?

You are completely innacurate in your assumption (and should know me better by now)

No personal attack has been made by myself at all at any point.

The matter has been raised with competent moderators and I trust they will resolve the matter.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

All mods on the board are competent and have been made moderators because of this fact and have been doing their job fairly and accuratly however all warnings can be raised in query with another mod should you feel the warning was given unfairly.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gitt wrote:Hmm, and where might you have read that?

You are completely innacurate in your assumption (and should know me better by now)

No personal attack has been made by myself at all at any point.

The matter has been raised with competent moderators and I trust they will resolve the matter.
Warned Date Warning Ends Warning Type Comment Remove
Xest Review Post On 29-10-2005 At 13:32 On 29-10-2006 At 12:32 General Warning Further personal attack via PM.
You should have gotten something in the line of the above in your inbox.
I'm not innacurate in any assumption here, i'm just reading what it says.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Banana wrote:All mods on the board are competent and have been made moderators because of this fact and have been doing their job fairly and accuratly however all warnings can be raised in query with another mod should you feel the warning was given unfairly.

I think that a number of people might question this statement, however I would like to point out that I have at no point questioned the competance of the moderators.. I have asked you how their competance is assessed but have not directly labeled any moderator as incompetent.

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Satyn wrote:
I'm not innacurate in any assumption here, i'm just reading what it says.

Your assumption is wrong.. that makes it innacurate.

I did indeed receive a message along those lines but no insult or personal attack has been made.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

yea you did :p
read the post before

labeling one moderator as competent is as good as labeling the others as incompetent :)

i wuv ya gitt but you cant say thats not what you mean :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Banana wrote:yea you did :p
read the post before

labeling one moderator as competent is as good as labeling the others as incompetent :)

i wuv ya gitt but you cant say thats not what you mean :)

Ah, so you're begining to understand my meaning regarding the differences of implication, interpretation and intent.. which it would appear is somewhat inconsistant on these forums.

When someone accuses a person of living in their own Homosexual world we are all intelligent enough to understand the intent and the implication, even if a harmless interpretation is presented.

When someone uses the word Nazi to describe over zealous moderation the intent is not an implication of racist, genocidal, homophobic behavior.

Ironically I have witnessed one of the moderators objecting here refering to someone as a "Hitler" which I think is probably far worse than Nazi.

It seems there is one set of rules for moderators and their friends and another for the rest of us....

Return to “Off Topic”