Branson and global warming

A forum for anyhing not game related.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Quinlan wrote: But then i love cars and am a vivid believer in the incorrectness of the global warming theory.
The incorrectness?

/Ankh

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Lairiodd wrote:However, what I don't like about all this is the demonisation of drivers. People should be allowed choose the method of transport that they prefer and the government shouldn't be subsidising other forms.

I agree on that point. London is really an exception, because the public transport systems are quite good, with the Tube and so on. Where I live, the public transport is a load of rubbish, there is no undergound, the buses are frequently late or too early and don't wait. So, slapping a congestion charge on us is only going to serve to anger the public. There's no way I could get to work easily on public transport. There isn't even a direct route and I only live 7½ miles away. I have to change buses, which is so inconvenient. The worse of it is that the main route from home to work for me is just one major road and they can't even organise a bus route that goes all the way along it. It takes 3 times longer to get to work by bus... Crazy! So is it any wonder that people use cars?

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:That's a disturbingly paranoid point of view, I'm sure politicians worldwide don't have "Upsetting motorists for no reason" at the top of their agenda.

Well, you've only got to look at John Prescott with is two Jaguars, to see that a number of politicians are only in their line of business for their own benefit. The don't care a thing about the general public (well, some do). But when they can award themselves pay rises of 10%-20%, when most people are lucky to get 2%, it makes you feel sick.

The power goes to their heads and they think they are introducing policies that are good for everyone, but they are so out of touch and naive.

Guy Fawkes had the best idea (well, I don't mean that really, but it's easy for a lot of people to think that way).

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:I agree on that point. London is really an exception, because the public transport systems are quite good, with the Tube and so on. Where I live, the public transport is a load of rubbish, there is no undergound, the buses are frequently late or too early and don't wait. So, slapping a congestion charge on us is only going to serve to anger the public. There's no way I could get to work easily on public transport. There isn't even a direct route and I only live 7½ miles away. I have to change buses, which is so inconvenient. The worse of it is that the main route from home to work for me is just one major road and they can't even organise a bus route that goes all the way along it. It takes 3 times longer to get to work by bus... Crazy! So is it any wonder that people use cars?
Have you seen the cost of London transport though :p ?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Off Topic”