Jesus Camp Trailer

A forum for anyhing not game related.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

No offence Nibs, but what the hell are you talking about? Atleast I said earlier in this thread that Im not trying to convince him of anything - im rather trying to make him convince ME why I should belive in God. For this discussion to work we need to see it from both sides - and as you can see, some of us are giving the views on this matter from OUR angle while he is giving his view. We're not forcing anything - cos unless you havent already figured it out, there is actually nobody who is forcing him to read or reply this thread. We have the RIGHT to say he is wrong as we belive otherwise - just as he has the right to say that we are wrong. Tbh, if you check the earlier posts he actually said that almost everyone apart from the reborn christians are wrong - which kind of gives us the right to suggest he is wrong.
I don't belive in ghosts/spirits/souls/George Bush/life after death/gods/angels or demons. I also don't belive talking to dead people, witchcraft, magic, albs playing fair, voodoo or anything else similar to the things I mentioned - but that doesnt change the fact Im willing to listen to people who actually DO belive in these things. Who knows, they might convince me if they got proofs that are strong enough to do so.

This is not how we discuss in this thread:
http://www.break.com/index/how_to_get_point_across.html

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

It's hard to argue against a believer in in God, cause they can always answer. But God blinked twice and that's why it is like that, and all the proof that there ain't no God can be unproven by saying God put that evidence out in the first place.

Can't we all just agree to disagree?
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Lairiodd wrote: I doubt that we will find other (intelligent) life.
thats true

all the aliens who've crashed here so far have been to dumb to invent the seatbelt.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:Again, you've proved only that you don't understand what you're talking about, carbon dating works based on radioactive decay, so short of everything we know being an illusion (i.e. kinda like the Matrix) then your theory can't compensate for this.
I dont mind there being no spoon as long as there is still ice cream :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Then there is no icecream, only a spoon for it mwahaha:
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

<ankh> wrote:No offence Nibs, but what the hell are you talking about? Atleast I said earlier in this thread that Im not trying to convince him of anything - im rather trying to make him convince ME why I should belive in God. For this discussion to work we need to see it from both sides - and as you can see, some of us are giving the views on this matter from OUR angle while he is giving his view. We're not forcing anything - cos unless you havent already figured it out, there is actually nobody who is forcing him to read or reply this thread. We have the RIGHT to say he is wrong as we belive otherwise - just as he has the right to say that we are wrong. Tbh, if you check the earlier posts he actually said that almost everyone apart from the reborn christians are wrong - which kind of gives us the right to suggest he is wrong.
I don't belive in ghosts/spirits/souls/George Bush/life after death/gods/angels or demons. I also don't belive talking to dead people, witchcraft, magic, albs playing fair, voodoo or anything else similar to the things I mentioned - but that doesnt change the fact Im willing to listen to people who actually DO belive in these things. Who knows, they might convince me if they got proofs that are strong enough to do so.

/Ankh
lol Ankh,

Like i could bring my self to read through 15 pages of complete worthless dribble :p

Just thought i'd add three more paragraphs of undeniable, incoherrent, and completly pointless crap to the ever growing, rapidly increasing, never ending supply of it thats already available to the standard user.
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

doh:
hahaha

Btw, let me give you some mathematical examples :

Chance to spawn life (any life) on a planet, lets call is at 0.000000001% (just grabbed from thin air)

I googled some and found :
"10,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe. Ten million, billion, as a conservative estimate."

Lets see, lets multiplie them two numbers : 10.000.000 planets with life on!

But not all planets support "intelligent" life, so lets guess 1 ouf of every Milion planets support "intelligent" life. Thats 10 planets.

I dont know if you can even grasp how impossible it would be that just ONE (not 10) other planet WOULDNT exists in the entire universe with intelligent life on.

And to the religious people, why would God go to such and extent creating 10,000,000,000,000,000 planets (its a conservative estimate) just for us? lol really.

EDIT : http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Extraterr ... 20life.htm (might aswell show it as I found it intressting)
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

<ankh> wrote:No offence Nibs, but what the hell are you talking about? Atleast I said earlier in this thread that Im not trying to convince him of anything - im rather trying to make him convince ME why I should belive in God. For this discussion to work we need to see it from both sides - and as you can see, some of us are giving the views on this matter from OUR angle while he is giving his view. We're not forcing anything - cos unless you havent already figured it out, there is actually nobody who is forcing him to read or reply this thread. We have the RIGHT to say he is wrong as we belive otherwise - just as he has the right to say that we are wrong. Tbh, if you check the earlier posts he actually said that almost everyone apart from the reborn christians are wrong - which kind of gives us the right to suggest he is wrong.

/Ankh
leave Nibs alone he said he likes to tweak his nipples and you should not victimise him for that.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

nibs wrote: Like i could bring my self to read through 15 pages of complete worthless dribble :p
If its 15 pages of complete worthless dribble to you - just stay out of the thread. Its as simple as that :)

Edit: Actually amazing how you can judge the posts when you havent actually read it either ]/Ankh[/B]

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

<ankh> wrote:I don't belive in ghosts/spirits/souls/George Bush/life after death/gods/angels or demons. I also don't belive talking to dead people, witchcraft, magic, albs playing fair, voodoo or anything else similar to the things I mentioned - but that doesnt change the fact Im willing to listen to people who actually DO belive in these things. Who knows, they might convince me if they got proofs that are strong enough to do so.
Pretty much sums it up, I too would gladly accept an alternative explanation if the proof were there, but to put your faith in something entirely unproven with absolutely no factual evidence available is insane and again as I said before, outright lazy - accepting something that holds no evidence and avoids the burden of proof with naive "get out of jail free" type comments is extremely weak minded. The problem is ofc that no matter how much we ask for proof from these alternative theories, we never get it, whilst science continues to evolve and provide more and more proof making it become ever stronger.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Off Topic”