Find these players and get them busted...

A forum for anyhing not game related.
dolittle
Emerald Rider

Post by dolittle »

If it bothered you that much Right Now it. Though I seriously don't see why it does bother people so much (there are exceptions ofcourse, like the time a dood did on ml10 loot split).
Hib-Prydwen : <Crimson Tears>
Mid-Excaliber : <Dogma>

:banana: Murder On Four Oaks :banana:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Find it silly that GOA ban for emote spamming yet Mythic state its part of the game, if you dont want to see it then turn it off they say.

Not that I ever could be arsed to spam, let alone even emote once. I cant care less if someone feel the need to spam /laugh 5000 times if they kill me (I will have released)
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I don't want to take it further because an apology has been made. That's good enough for me. I know I sometimes get a bit "eaten up" by things that happen... I've always been that way, but once someone has said sorry, I'm not one for bearing grudges. Also, I wouldn't want anyone to report the players to GOA on my behalf... that would be against my wishes and quite wrong.

I'm just hoping that there are no players who feel they have to take revenge for me in Thid, by targetting the said players deliberately to hassle them, even though in the heat of the moment when the incident happened, that's how I felt.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Gandelf wrote: I'm just hoping that there are no players who feel they have to take revenge for me in Thid, by targetting the said players deliberately to hassle them, even though in the heat of the moment when the incident happened, that's how I felt.
sometimes such things can really hurt, when you get ganked over and over in the game.....the best solution is--->get a friend and dragon: them.

One of my satisfieing moments was when a Infi Mincer duo killed me alot of times in a row on my VW (RR3),i posted Jamie got my BM (sent them a personel post on FH that we will pwwwwn them8-) ) and pitched them in the ground when they jumped on us.:D

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Alexandrinus wrote:sometimes such things can really hurt, when you get ganked over and over in the game.....the best solution is--->get a friend and dragon: them.

One of my satisfieing moments was when a Infi Mincer duo killed me alot of times in a row on my VW (RR3),i posted Jamie got my BM (sent them a personel post on FH that we will pwwwwn them8-) ) and pitched them in the ground when they jumped on us.:D
you said it mate :) In thid i had saw somebody dueling so just watched, after the duel someone jumped me and the person i watched dueling ganked me. ME very pissed off went back. Its now bourke 13-ganker 1 ;)
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Dont want to poke a fire or anything but imo the only reason why they appologised is cos you said you would report them Gandy. I seriously doubt they ment it.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Satyn wrote:Dont want to poke a fire or anything but imo the only reason why they appologised is cos you said you would report them Gandy. I seriously doubt they ment it.

You may be right. If I were to report them, all they would get is a 3-day ban, which is nothing. Some say that I shouldn't have posted it on the forums. Maybe I shouldn't have, but maybe it will act as a deterrent and make other players aware that spamming /emotes is against the CoC? It might even encourage some players to actually read the CoC for once, instead of just clicking "accept".

Others keep saying, "It's only a game". Of course this is true, but it's a bit of a cliché nowadays and people say it to try to get themselves off the hook. As we pay subscriptions, I think we're entitled to respect, because many of us have to work hard to earn our money. The last thing some players want is people spoiling their investment through disrespect.

If we all just considered DAoC as "only a game", then it wouldn't mean anything to us. The fact that we have such a community spirit (especially amongst established "Prydweners"*) proves the fact that it is much more than just a game.

Still, an apology (even insincere), is still an apology and is quite refreshing! :)

Edit: or is it "Prydwenites"?

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

I have always said "Prydwenites".
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Return to “Off Topic”