Inc. to England! Need a lil info/help...

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Malaeus
Emerald Rider

Inc. to England! Need a lil info/help...

Post by Malaeus »

Ello english guy/girl...
Me (Ezeekiel) and Vald are atm on a trip through europe. Friday we will arrive to England, and intend to stay for a lil more than a month in the southern part. As we have a tight budget we would like some work over there and a cheap place to stay. We dont know too much of England and would like to hear any suggestions of a nice, and fearly large city, where there were chances to get some work and a place to stay cheap. Ofc. if u like to see us u can invite us to ya own town and grap a beer with us :O)
We are both 21 years old, from Denmark, and have no problems communicating on english.
As I wont be much online the next week I would like all answers to this post sent to my email adress: mathias_ha@msn.com

Hope u can be of any help :O)

Mathias
Lie to others as you like but never lie to yaself

Guidance WorldDreamer - RR 5 Fat Firby drood
Ezeekiel UkuleleFaetter - RR4 Celt with a harp

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Malaeus wrote:Ello english guy/girl...
Me (Ezeekiel) and Vald are atm on a trip through europe. Friday we will arrive to England, and intend to stay for a lil more than a month in the southern part. As we have a tight budget we would like some work over there and a cheap place to stay. We dont know too much of England and would like to hear any suggestions of a nice, and fearly large city, where there were chances to get some work and a place to stay cheap. Ofc. if u like to see us u can invite us to ya own town and grap a beer with us :O)
We are both 21 years old, from Denmark, and have no problems communicating on english.
As I wont be much online the next week I would like all answers to this post sent to my email adress: mathias_ha@msn.com

Hope u can be of any help :O)

Mathias

come back to belgium imo :( sorry we couldnt meet up with you guys :o
Anyway have a good time /hugs
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Stoke-on-Trent is one of the cheapest places to live.

It's in the Midlands (inbetween Birmingham and Manchester). It's very central to the country. It's an industrial city, but nothing fancy. However, accommodation is as cheap as you'll find it in England and we also officially have the least expensive beer and officially the best pubs in Britain.

You will find jobs in the area fairly easily. Wages are not as high as some places, but anyway the cost of living is very low.

There is some interesting night life and plenty of bars and pubs.

Close to a motorway (M6).

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Downside to it is you have Gandelf there :<
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Hi,

well there are some good hostels in London, one in particular I always remember drinking in is close to London Bridge train station on Borough high street its called St Christopher's village and it is well known as one of the centre areas for backpacker type people. A good port of call for starting off in London: http://www.hostelz.com/display.php/423+St.+Christopher's+Village. I have spent long summer evenings sitting in the alley at the side of St Christophers completely plastered....

If you haven't already looked at this side have a look it might be a good place to start til you find your feet.

http://www.piccadillyhotel.net/london-hostels-english/london-hostels-main.html

Apart from that there should be work all over the place in London it is a good place but very expensive. However if I would sincerely advise travelling all over England (countryside is totally underrated especially in the North West and North East - it can be such a beautiful place), Wales (very nice), Scotland (some of the best places in the UK) or even Ireland. Try the West country towards Plymouth or come to Yorkshire honestly there is a lot to see and to stay only in London would be a waste.

However if your around in London at the end of the month I will be there for a weekend if you go up North there are a good few of us who live up there. It would be nice to see some DaoC'ers!

Sharkith

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I have a better idea, just don't come to the UK, it's shite.

Don't tell him to come to Yorkshire either, he wants to see England not Pakistan :p

Malaeus
Emerald Rider

Thx for all ya help guys ´n gals

Post by Malaeus »

We have decided to head to Bournemouth 1st thing as we arrive to london, and get a place to stay there. After we stayed there for some time, god knows where we end up. But anyways: If u wanna meet some danish drinksters be welcome to contact us and we can find a place to meet :O)

Malaeus
Lie to others as you like but never lie to yaself

Guidance WorldDreamer - RR 5 Fat Firby drood
Ezeekiel UkuleleFaetter - RR4 Celt with a harp

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Malaeus wrote:We have decided to head to Bournemouth 1st thing as we arrive to london, and get a place to stay there. After we stayed there for some time, god knows where we end up. But anyways: If u wanna meet some danish drinksters be welcome to contact us and we can find a place to meet :O)

Malaeus
Good choice, Bournemouth is one of the few remaining real nice parts of the UK ;) Fairly expensive area but very nice all the same ;)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Xest wrote:I have a better idea, just don't come to the UK, it's shite.

Don't tell him to come to Yorkshire either, he wants to see England not Pakistan :p
actually I lost my heart in UK :( really love it there
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Satyn wrote:actually I lost my heart in UK :( really love it there

dont think many people in uk love it here :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter